Office: Petty 143
Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/view/thomasweighill/
Starting year at UNCG: 2021
Office Hours: Face to Face & Virtual: M 9:00am-9:50am; W 11:00am-12:00pm; F 1:00pm-2:00pm
Degree(s): Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Tennessee (2019)
- STA-648 LEC (Topological Data Analysis), MWF 2:00-2:50, Petty Science Building 227
- MAT-451 LEC (Topological Data Analysis), MWF 2:00-2:50, Petty Science Building 227
- MAT-651 LEC (Topological Data Analysis), MWF 2:00-2:50, Petty Science Building 227
- MAT-320 LEC (Introduction to Topology), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Science Building 7
- MAT-699 DTS (Thesis)
- MAT-701 SEM (Sel Topics Computational Math), MWF 12:00-12:50, Petty Science Building 141
- MAT-790 IND (Directed Doctoral Research)
- T. Abrishami, N. Guillen, P. Rule, Z. Schutzman, J. Solomon, T. Weighill and Si Wu, “Geometry of Graph Partitions via Optimal Transport”, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 42.5, 2020.
- L. Higginbotham and T. Weighill, “Coarse quotients by group actions and the maximal Roe algebra”, Journal of Topology and Analysis 11(4), 2019.
Thomas completed his PhD at the University of Tennessee in 2019. He was as a postdoc with the Metric Geometry and Gerrymandering Group Redistricting Lab at Tufts University before joining UNCG in 2021. His research interests include topological data analysis, computational geometry, coarse geometry and data science.