2019 Department Graduation
MathCat is at home in the Math Help Center
Ratnasingham Shivaji joins the 2019 class of the Fellows of the American Mathematical Society (AMS)
2019 Department Graduation Ceremony
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics believes in the G!
2019 Graduate Tea and Excellence Award Recognition
The Department would like to welcome Michael Hull as a new faculty member! Michael Hull has a Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University and…
Renowned Statistician Dr. John Stufken will join our department to head the UNC Greensboro’s new Master of Science in Informatics and Analytics…
The Department would like to extend a warm welcome to three new Visiting Assistant Professors. These faculty members include: Donald Robertson- Ph.D….
The Department has launched our first ever Alumni E-Newsletter! We encourage you to visit the link and see the latest news from…
We welcome Ms. Katelyn Young to the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. Katelyn earned a B.S. in Marketing and Business Management from…
Tracey Howell and Haimeng Zhang have been chosen by the College of Arts and Sciences to receive 2019 Teaching Excellence Awards. These awards will be…
Message From The Department Head
Welcome to the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of North Carolina in Greensboro. The department offers a variety of outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs.
- New concentrations in Actuarial Mathematics and Data Analytics
- Recent Visitors to the Department
- Undergraduate Research
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics Annual Reports
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics Self-Study
- Journals associated with the Department
- Ph.D. program in Computational Mathematics
- UNCG Joins the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications
- Alumni Stories
Departmental Seminars & Talks
- UNCG Summer School in Computational Algebra and Number Theory 2019: Buildings (June 24 to 28, 2019)
- SERMON (Southeast Regional Meeting On Numbers) 2019 (April 6 and 7, 2019)
The Math Help Center
The Math Help Center is located in Curry building, room 210. Now with enchanced tutoring offerings in many Mathematics and Statistics courses.
Statistical Consulting Center
Statistical Consulting Center offers consultation and advice to University researchers.
Our department hosts a monthly Graduate Tea that is an informal gathering, well-attended by both graduate students and faculty.
Recent Grad Perspective
Math is useful and beautiful
What's so sexy about Math?