The Mathematics and Statistics Department is housed in the Petty Science Building on the campus of UNCG. The main departmental offices are in Petty 116. See directions for maps and directions to campus.
- Local Hotels – UNCG’s list of local hotels.
- Local Restaurant Guide – Dining options near the UNCG campus.
Getting to the Department
- By Air: The Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO) serves Greensboro. PTI is located about 9 miles NW of downtown Greensboro. It is not unreasonable to fly to Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) or Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) and rent a car. The distance is about 100 miles of Interstate roads.
- By Car: The department is about 4 miles from I-40 in downtown Greensboro. The closest parking is McIver Parking Deck (Directions). For other parking options, please see Parking Operations.
- By Train: Amtrak stops at Greensboro Depot. The Greensboro station is about 2 miles from the University.
From McIver Parking Deck, cross Carr Street and turn right onto North Drive. Turn left at the first paved street. The first large brick building on your right is the back of the Petty Building. You will enter the building from the back by steps that lead to the first floor. The Petty building has handicap-accessible parking adjacent to the rear wheelchair access ramps. (campus map)