Degree(s): Ph. D. in Mathematics, Louisiana State University (2013)
- MAT-296 LEC (Calculus B), TR 12:30-1:45, PETT 150
- MAT-296 LEC (Calculus B), M 12:00-12:00, NMOR 329
- MAT-799 DTS (Dissertation)
- MAT-196 LEC (Calculus A), MTWF 12:00-12:00, SULV 103
- X. Feng, Y. Li and Y. Zhang. Finite element methods for the stochastic Allen-Cahn equation with gradient-type multiplicative noises. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 55:194–216, 2017.
- S.C. Brenner, J. Gedicke, L.-Y. Sung and Y. Zhang. An a posteriori analysis of C^0 interior penalty methods for the obstacle problem of clamped Kirchhoff plates. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 55:87–108, 2017.
- S.C. Brenner, L.-Y. Sung, and Y. Zhang. A quadratic C^0 interior penalty method for an elliptic optimal control problem with state constraints, Recent Developments in Discontinuous Galerkin Finite Element Methods for Partial Differential Equations, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and Its Applications, 157, 2012 John H Barrett Memorial Lectures, X. Feng, O. Karakashian, and Y. Xing, eds., Springer, 2014, pp. 97–132.
- S.C. Brenner, L.-Y. Sung, and Y. Zhang. C^0 interior penalty methods for an elliptic state-constrained optimal control problem with Neumann boundary condition. J. Comput. Appl. Math., 350:212–232, 2019.
- S.C. Brenner, L.-Y. Sung, and Y. Zhang. Finite element methods for the displacement obstacle problem of clamped plates. Math. Comp., 81:1247–1262, 2012.
Dr. Zhang earned a Ph.D. in 2013 from Louisiana State University. He held postdoctoral positions at University of Tennessee, Knoxville and University of Notre Dame, after that he joined UNCG in 2017. His research interests include Numerical PDEs, Finite Element Methods, Variational Inequalities and Numerical Optimization.