Director of Statistical Consulting Center
Office: Petty 107
Personal Website: http://www.uncg.edu/~sjricht2/
Starting year at UNCG: 2001
Office Hours: Virtual: T 10:00am-11:00am; W 5:00pm-5:45pm; F 2:00pm-3:00pm Face to Face: W 5:00pm-5:45pm
Degree(s): Ph.D. in Statistics, Oklahoma State University (1997)
- STA-606 LEC (Solving Prblms Data Analytics), W 6:00-8:30, Petty Science Building 227
- STA-667 IND (Statistical Consulting)
- STA-668 PRC (Consulting Experience)
- STA-670 LEC (Categorical Data Analysis)
- MAT-790 IND (Directed Doctoral Research)
- STA-271 LEC (Fundmntl Concepts of Statistcs)
Member of the Research Group(s): Statistics
Current Students: Shierina Fareed (Ph.D.)
Former Students: Elizabeth (Dawn) Poole (M.A.), Richard Jenkins (M.A.), Robert White (M.A.), Qing Shi (M.A.), Mingyan Li (M.A.), Christopher Langewisch (M.A.), Jeff Lail (M.A.), Emily Johnson (M.A.), Michael Higgins (M.A.), Ashwag Alghamdi (M.A.), Shierina Fareed (M.A.), Charith Elson (M.A.)
Research Interests: Non-Parametric Methods, Multivariate Analysis
- Richter, S. J. and McCann M. H. (In press). Permutation tests of scale using deviances. Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation. (DOI: 10.1080/03610918.2016.1165844)
- Saari, S., Higgins, M., Richter, S. & Faeth, S. (In press). Urbanization is associated with reduced abundance and species richness of terrestrial animals. American Naturalist.
- Bhatt, I. S., Phillips, S. L., Richter, S. J., Tucker, D., Lundgren, K., Morehouse, R. & Henrich, V. (2016). A polymorphism in human estrogen-related receptor beta (ESRRβ) predicts audiometric temporary threshold shift. International Journal of Audiology, 55(10) 571-579.
- Richter, S. J. and McCann M. H. (2016). Simultaneous confidence intervals using medians and permutation tests. AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, 100(2), 189-205. (DOI: 10.1007/s10182-015-0258-4)
- Aichele, C.P., Venkataramani, D., Smay, J. E., McCann, M. H., Richter, S. J., Khanzadeh-Moradillo, M., & Ley, M. T. (2015). A Comparison of Automated Scanning Electron Microscopy (ASEM) and Acoustic Attenuation Spectroscopy (AAS) for Particle Sizing. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physiochemical and Engineering Aspects, 479, 46-51. (DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfa.2015.03.052)
Dr. Richter earned a Ph.D. in 1997 from Oklahoma State University, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 2001. His research focuses on nonparametric methods, multiple comparisons and interdisciplinary research.