Office: Petty 131
Personal Website: http://www.uncg.edu/~t_fernos/
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Office Hours: Face to Face & Virtual: M 1:30pm-3:00pm; F 11:30am-1:00pm
Degree(s): Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Chicago (2006)
- MAT-190 LEL (Precalculus)
- MAT-311 LEC (Intro to Abstract Algebra), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Science Building 7
- MAT-799 DTS (Dissertation)
Member of the Research Group(s): Group Theory
Current Students: Jenny Beck (Ph.D.)
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and the vanishing of the first ℓ 2 -Betti number. Bull. Belg. Math. Soc. Simon Stevin 17 (2010), no. 5, 851–857.
- Fernos, Talia . Relative property (T), linear groups, and applications. Thesis (Ph.D.)–University of Illinois at Chicago. ProQuest LLC, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006. 105 pp. ISBN: 978-0542-86795-8
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and linear groups. Ann. Inst. Fourier (Grenoble) 56 (2006), no. 6, 1767–1804.
- Fernós, Talia; Valette Alain; appendix by Martin, Florian; Valette, Alain. Reduced 1-cohomology and relative property (T). Mathematische Zeitschrift (15 December 2010), pp. 1-14.
Dr. Fernós earned a Ph.D. in 2006 from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and she joined the UNCG faculty in 2010. Upon completion of her PhD, she was awarded the NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dr. Fernós has organized conferences and established collaborations in several countries. Her research studies infinite groups from both geometric and analytical perspectives.