Office: Petty 144
Personal Website: http://www.uncg.edu/~t_fernos/
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Office Hours: T/Th 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., Th 3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Degree(s): Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Chicago (2006)
- MAT-296 LEC (Calculus B), TR 2:00-3:15, PETT 313
- MAT-296 LEC (Calculus B), M 11:00-11:50, PETT 150
- MAT-296 LEC (Calculus B), W 11:00-11:50, PETT 150
- MAT-296 LEC (Calculus B), TR 11:00-12:15, PETT 313
- MAT-802 DTS (Dissertation Extension)
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and the vanishing of the first ℓ 2 -Betti number. Bull. Belg. Math. Soc. Simon Stevin 17 (2010), no. 5, 851–857.
- Fernos, Talia . Relative property (T), linear groups, and applications. Thesis (Ph.D.)–University of Illinois at Chicago. ProQuest LLC, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006. 105 pp. ISBN: 978-0542-86795-8
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and linear groups. Ann. Inst. Fourier (Grenoble) 56 (2006), no. 6, 1767–1804.
- Fernós, Talia; Valette Alain; appendix by Martin, Florian; Valette, Alain. Reduced 1-cohomology and relative property (T). Mathematische Zeitschrift (15 December 2010), pp. 1-14.
Dr. Fernós earned a Ph.D. in 2006 from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and she joined the UNCG faculty in 2010. Upon completion of her PhD, she was awarded the NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dr. Fernós has organized conferences and established collaborations in several countries. Her research studies infinite groups from both geometric and analytical perspectives.