Office: Petty 131
Personal Website: http://www.uncg.edu/~t_fernos/
Starting year at UNCG: 2010
Office Hours: Mondays 11am (Petty 313), 2pm (Zoom), Thursdays 4-5pm (Petty 136), and by appointment
Degree(s): Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Chicago (2006)
- MAT-292 LEC (Calculus II), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Science Building 313
- MAT-745 LEC (Measure Theory), MWF 1:00-1:50, Petty Science Building 7
- MAT-790 IND (Directed Doctoral Research)
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and the vanishing of the first ℓ 2 -Betti number. Bull. Belg. Math. Soc. Simon Stevin 17 (2010), no. 5, 851–857.
- Fernos, Talia . Relative property (T), linear groups, and applications. Thesis (Ph.D.)–University of Illinois at Chicago. ProQuest LLC, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006. 105 pp. ISBN: 978-0542-86795-8
- Fernós, Talia . Relative property (T) and linear groups. Ann. Inst. Fourier (Grenoble) 56 (2006), no. 6, 1767–1804.
- Fernós, Talia; Valette Alain; appendix by Martin, Florian; Valette, Alain. Reduced 1-cohomology and relative property (T). Mathematische Zeitschrift (15 December 2010), pp. 1-14.
Dr. Fernós earned a Ph.D. in 2006 from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and she joined the UNCG faculty in 2010. Upon completion of her PhD, she was awarded the NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship. Dr. Fernós has organized conferences and established collaborations in several countries. Her research studies infinite groups from both geometric and analytical perspectives.