2021 Conference Summary and Feedback
The conference was sponsored by the UNC Greensboro Department of Mathematics and Statistics and Helen Barton Excellence Professorship Funds. It featured 6 plenary lectures by world renowned experts (Douglas Arnold, Alfonso Castro, Mónica Clapp, Xiaobing Feng, Peter Polácik, Beatrice Rivière) and 10 parallel contributed talk sessions with 47 presentations. In the opening ceremony, we broadcasted musical performances by UNCG School of Music students (Ian T. Jones and Yesenia Josefsberg) and invited Terri Shelton (Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement) and Sat Gupta (Head, Department of Mathematics and Statistics) to give welcome remarks.
- 195 registered participants from 24 countries
- 23 recent PhD (within three years) recipients
- 56 graduate students
Select Survey Feedback:
- It was good for us to see friends like Alfonso Castro
- Hoping that will have another conference either online or in person
- + Very nice introduction with history of UNCG and musical performance + Flow of conference was very good; timely, no lags. + Good variety of speakers/topics. Overall: Great conference 🙂
- This conference is an example on how online meetings should be.
- It is quite satisfactory to see that there are young people working on math.
- This conference is very beneficial for all the researchers.
- Very interesting
- Thanks and congratulaciones to the organizers.
- Wonderful event, I hope your invitation for any other, it was really nice. Thanks to all the organizers.
- This was an excellent conference. Lots of interesting talks on a wide variety of interesting topics.
- Excellent event. Excellent plenary speakers, perfect organization. I enjoyed it a lot. Many thanks to all organizers !!!
- Great conference!
- Thank you so much for nice conference